STARS LOTTERY SASKATCHEWAN 2018
Lottery Licence: LR17-0104
RULES GOVERNING OPERATION OF A RAFFLE
- Age limit for ticket purchasers is 18 years and over. Purchase must be made in the province of Saskatchewan.
- Draw Dates:
Loyalty Draw Cut-off: Midnight May 9, 2018
Loyalty Draw: May 24, 2018 11:00 a.m. – Regina Base
Early Bird Cut-off: Midnight June 27, 2018
Early Bird Draw: July 12, 2018 11:00 a.m. – Regina Base
Final Ticket Sales Cut-off: Midnight, July 19, 2018
Final Draw Date: August 2, 2018 10:30 am – Regina Show Home
LUCKY STARS 50/50 Draw Date: August 2, 2018 10:00 a.m.
- Total prizes to be won 2,005, with a total retail value of $4,024,075 including all taxes and fees. LUCKY STARS 50/50 prize is a minimum guaranteed payout of $320,000 or 50% of gross ticket sales, which ever is greater.
- All draws (Loyalty, Early Bird & Final) will be under the supervision of Black Fund Development Inc. and the firm of Stride Management Corp. The loyalty and early bird draws will take place at the STARS base in Regina and the final draw including the Lucky STARS 50/50 will take place at the Regina area grand prize show home, 309 Spruce Creek Crescent, Edenwold, SK. Any person wishing to view the draws may do so by attending at the above location on the draw date(s).
The lottery draws will be conducted using an RNG (Random Number Generation) system. The winning raffle draw number shall be determined from the pool of sold raffle ticket numbers. The grand prize(s) may be drawn using a token system. This will include the loyalty draw, early bird draw and the final grand prize houses.
- Board Members and Executive Management Staff of STARS (Shock Trauma Air Rescue Service and the Foundation) are not permitted to purchase tickets. Employees of Stride Management Corp. and Black Fund Development Inc. and their immediate family members residing in the same household are not permitted to purchase tickets in the lottery.
- Only tickets purchased before midnight May 9, 2018 are eligible to win the 45 Loyalty prizes. Only tickets purchased before midnight June 27, 2018 are eligible to win the early bird prize. If all tickets are sold by the early bird ticket sales cut-off, then the remaining 1,960 prizes, including the early bird prize, will be drawn on July 12, 2018. If tickets remain after the early bird ticket sales cut-off, then the early prize will be drawn on July 12, 2018. The remaining 1,959 prizes will be drawn on August 2, 2018.
- The first draw will be the loyalty prizes followed by the early bird prize then followed by all remaining prizes which will be drawn in order of least retail value up to the prize of greatest retail value.
- STARS main lottery will only sell 150,500 tickets and will be sold at $60 each, a set of 2 for $100, a set of 6 for $250 or a set of 12 for $375.
- LUCKY STARS 50/50 tickets must be ordered in conjunction with your STARS Lottery Saskatchewan ticket. LUCKY STARS 50/50 orders will not be accepted after your original STARS Lottery Saskatchewan ticket order date. In the event that all STARS Lottery tickets are sold by the early bird deadline of midnight June 27, 2018, the LUCKY STARS 50/50 draw will take place on July 12, 2018. If tickets remain after the early bird deadline, the LUCKY STARS 50/50 draw will take place on August 2, 2018.
- LUCKY STARS 50/50 will only sell 402,750 tickets and will be sold at $10 each, a set of 5 for $25 and a set of 15 for $50.
- Prizes must be accepted as awarded - no substitutes unless otherwise stated. All winners have one year from the date of the draw to claim their prize, with the exception of homes and vehicles. All grand prize home winners must claim their prize by the advertised possession date. Some vehicle winners will have a cash in lieu of option and must decide their option preference within 14 days of notification. All vehicle winners must take possession of their vehicle no later than 45 days after the final draw. Any costs associated with the delivery of a prize due to distance or unique circumstances will be covered by STARS. Restrictions apply for the following prizes:
- Travel – All travel prizes are valid for one year from draw date. Extensions will be granted upon request and blackout dates may apply. In the event that winners of travel prizes do not wish to travel to the destination that they won, will have an option to take an alternate trip of equal value.
- STARS helicopter flights – valid for one year from draw date. STARS reserves the right to determine the date and the number of passengers on the flight based on availability of the helicopter. If the helicopter is required for mission activity, the ride will be rescheduled.
- All winners will be notified in writing by Stride Management Corp. and in some cases by telephone by STARS representatives of what they have won and how to claim the prize. The early bird, LUCKY STARS 50/50 and top 5 final draw winners’ names will be published in major newspapers in Regina and Saskatoon after all draws have been completed and a complete searchable listing will be posted on the lottery website at www.starslotterysaskatchewan.ca within 10 days following each draw.
- If a winner cannot be located after a period of one year from the draw date, the prize or equivalent cash value will be donated to a charitable beneficiary approved by the Saskatchewan Liquor & Gaming Authority.
- In the event of a winning ticket stub having more than one name the licensee shall award the prize to the first individual identified on the ticket. The licensee and Saskatchewan Liquor and Gaming Authority are not responsible for resolving any disputes which may arise between different individuals whose names appear on the ticket.
- If any ticket purchased has been entered in a draw, no refund will be issued after the draw has taken place.
- For ticket enquiries please call 1.844.STARS SK (782.7775) or 1.855.449.2444 or mail:
STARS Lottery SK
PO Box 1515
Regina, SK S4P 3C2